Thursday 31 July 2014

Dear John vs Romeo and Juliet with a little bit of my self confessed stupidity thrown in as well

You can tell the wedding is over when One-And-Only-Daniela has to ask me when we're next going to the gym instead of the other way round...

We went last night, and I timed my workout perfectly. Dear John came on the TV during my workout and I finished just before things started to go south, so only got to see the happy 'falling in love' bit where Channing Tatum walks around topless a lot whilst surfing. SCORE! To be honest it's my favourite way of watching a lot of depressing movies. I think I've mentioned before that most of the time, when watching Romeo + Juliet, I tend to watch right up to the 'consummating of the marriage' and then turn it off whilst saying "Awww what a lovely story." Seriously, try watching it that way... it's the only way to walk away from that script with a warm fuzzy feeling inside instead of the normal destruction and pain that most of Shakespeare's tragedies leave me in. Damn you Shakespeare! Will there ever be anyone as good as you? How were you such a genius? You rock my world...

...

To be clear, although I did just mention Dear John and Romeo and Juliet next to each other, I am in no way implying that they are of the calibre. I am aware of the things that Dear John lacks, even with the half nakedness of Tatum coupled with the fact that I can't watch a single scene with Tatum's dad without crying... even whilst working out in a public gym apparently... because that wasn't embarrassing. I don't know what it is, but that man can look through a coin collection, make lasagne and put back a plate in just the right place, in a way that makes me openly weep. Yes, I'm aware how weird that sounds. No, this does not apply to anyone who stacks away plates. The man is magic, and his super power is to make me spontaneously cry at every move he makes...

Additionally, I just had a particularly stupid 'train of thought' moment and I thought I would share it with you because I do love me some public shaming every so often...

So this morning, whilst looking through a particular facebook page that I enjoy called 'Best of Tumblr' I found a little gem that made me chuckle. For those who don't know, Best of Tumblr screen grabs the best bits of Tumblr and posts them on their wall... pretty self explanatory actually. 8 times out of 10, I respond to their posts with at least a little chuckle. Occasionally there's a gaffaw, sometimes I even cackle, and on those rare occasions I do the silent laugh, whilst hitting 'Share, share share.'

This particular post made me gaffaw and share. I posted it, and it looked a bit like this.


I'm serious guys, this opening line and carrying my coffin in to the muppet theme tune; they are both musts at my funeral.

I had a couple of 'likes' and then a friend commented underneath:


I got genuinely excited at the prospect that someone was taking me seriously and had the following thought process:

Me: Yay! My funeral is going to rock. I can't wait to see it.
Myself: Oh wait, I'm not going to be able to see it am I?
Me: Never mind, hopefully someone will record it and I'll watch it later.
Myself: ...
Me: ...
Myself: ...
Me:That's not right, is it? ... Dammit! Dying sucks. You miss out on everything.

Guys, it's not that I'm stupid. But more like, there's a part of my brain (and it usually gets the first thought in) that is not exactly gifted in the brain cell department. It's the part of my brain that saw a lady on the other side of the train platform and genuinely thought it was me... yeeeaaaah, that happened.

And with that jumble of thoughts and stories that don't really link or relate to each other, I will love you and leave you.

Peace out my lovelies

No comments:

Post a Comment