Tuesday 24 June 2014

A moment of inspiration that even made me want to gag.

Ladies and gents, my workplace has finally come to terms with the fact that I sit on top of the doors to hell and decided that it was probably time they did something about it... yes, that's right, they have given my office air conditioning! Such is my excitement over this that I have been repeatedly finding excuses to walk in and out of my office, so that I can walk in and (as Marmie would say) really 'feel the benefit' of the change in climate. We have shut the door in the tiny office, and are currently filling it with beautifully awesome cool air.

Don't get me wrong, the weather is uncharacteristically hot for this country and it is hell that I'm sitting on top of, so it's not as if the room is completely cool, but it has stopped being so hot that I leave at the end of the day with soaking wet clothes on account of all the female 'glistening' I had been doing. Also, it's only a portable one and I sit by the window that the plastic tube thing lets all the heat out of, so I'm getting the teensiest bit of that heat on my back... but I'm trying to be a 'glass half full' kinda gal, so it's better.

In other news, I am quietly feeling impressed with myself as I have been the queen of productivity. You see, I had a real, some might call it 'douchy', others might call it 'artistic', moment last night. I didn't go to the gym for once, but arrived home, put on the new Ed Sheeran album (am-a-zing) and caught myself looking off into the distance with a wistful look in my eye. Then, out of nowhere, I felt an overwhelming need to write take over and I grabbed my lap top and wrote three chapters of Book 3 of my series. If anyone had been watching, I would imagine it would have caused a few people to vomit due to the sheer dramatic flare behind my actions, but I was in the moment and listening to a man who (considering book 2 was almost entirely written while listening to the song "I see fire") is fast becoming my artistic muse. But again, I will stop myself as I'm saving the true fandom and review for the end of the week.

Also, I think I've settled on a title for Book 3, although am going to wait to see if it still feels right in a week's time... it's usually how I decide on my titles.

Once I had run out of writing steam and felt suitably exhausted from all my dramatic and flourishing motions in the way I typed (imagine a lot of unnecessary throwing of my hands in the air whilst typing and pen chewing (even though I wasn't actually writing anything down) whilst gazing pensively into the distance and speaking the dialogue out loud, pretending to be all the characters (FYI: My interpretation of Duncan is immense, I quite clearly rock at being a man), I settled in to watch the first series of American Horror Story for the second time, on account of its awesomeness... also there's a chance that I just wanted to see Evan Peters act all creepy again because I am oddly attracted to him when he does that... I'm not exactly proud of this, but I've come to terms with it.

If you guys haven't watched American Horror Story yet, and don't mind a bit of creepiness in your tv watching, then go check it out (tis on Netflix). If you haven't read my first two books yet, and don't mind a bit of bad grammar occasionally dotted around your book reading, then go and check them out on Amazon (link to the right). If you want the very depths of your soul to be stirred, whilst emotion is squeezed out of your heart with beautiful melodies and words, then for crying out loud, check out the new Ed Sheeran album X.

And that's all I have to say for today... love you all with most of my heart (the rest is saved for Ed Sheeran... and cheeseburgers).

Peace out my lovelies.

No comments:

Post a Comment