Thursday 2 January 2014

A letter to the unsuspecting men who I may date in 2014

Dear possible men that I might bring myself to date in 2014,

First off, this letter may never apply to you, because, in the past, I have told myself that I will date people, and then ended up deviating to the choice of finding something new to watch on Netflix. I'm not promising that this won't happen again. I'm not going to lie; my previous attempts of reaching out to you have been half-arsed at best. I do currently subscribe to a dating website, but I tend to forget I have most of the time. This will then result in a week where I may suddenly be present and email people, but please don't be deterred if I suddenly go quiet. It doesn't mean anything too serious, I've just simply forgotten I'm on there again, and discovered the entire series of Red Dwarf on Netflix, causing my attention to wander.

Having said that, I am going to try this year. Younger-Brother-Daniel shamed me over Christmas. According to him, staying in most nights to watch the Doctor Who 50 Year Special on repeat, really isn't an ideal way of living your life. I'm not totally sure I believe him, but I thought I'd open my mind to new things anyway. He also said that I should challenge myself on this blog. Make it interesting so that people would want to read stuff I say. Therefore I should try new things and make a massive deal out of them for the purpose of exploiting myself to anyone who wants to read, all over the world. So... you know... if that sounds like something you'd be into, I look forward to meeting you.

I should also mention that I have also been known to gear towards the Sci Fi geek orientation. In that I am one, rather than am attracted to one... although I wouldn't not be attracted to one... I'd find it a very sexy thing indeed to find a man who can quote The Doctor's speech to the Weeping Angels at the end of Series 5, Episode 4: The Time of the Angels... In fact you might say that you would be able to trap me with your words. Oh lol, lol, lol, lol. Just a little bit of clever word play for anyone equally awesome enough to know exactly what I am referring to. If you don't, don't worry, all you need to know is that it was clever and incredibly funny. You're welcome.

Anywho, I do like me some Sci Fi. Something that was always underlying within me, but has been suddenly exploded over the past few years, when Steven Moffat was introduced into my life.

I guess the point of this letter is to let you all know that I'm going to attempt to join the realms of the dating scene this year. I'm probably going to be really bad at it, being a 28 year old woman who has never experienced dating before... long story, and not one that is permanently damaging to me or paints me in a bad light at all, so we don't need to worry about that... hmmmm??

I should probably also mention that a gullible person would be fabtabulous. I like it when people assume what I am saying is correct, it makes me feel warm and gooey inside.

I'm also not one to dream in any realistic terms. This is a trait that I, personally, think is endearing and whimsical, but have also been informed is weird and little scary for those around me. Apparently, having very specific plans for my future in terms of the writing partnership I'm looking to form with Joss Whedon and Steven Moffat, coupled with the plans that I have for exactly what guidelines will have to be in place should the BBC want to make a series on the Utopia books, means that I have given far too much thought in what clearly isn't real, and not paid enough attention to my real life. Apparently, if I spent as much time and effort on my current life, I might actually make something of myself... I know what you're thinking, and the answer is yes boys, I do sound like a complete catch, and not in any way like some form of geeky hermit.

Okay, well... I think I've covered everything. I considered writing something about what it was that I am looking for, but at this stage, I think my family and I will be just immensely relieved if I managed to get anyone, so I'm not really that fussed. Just, don't take yourself too seriously, then we're golden. That's it...


...


Oh, and I suppose there is one, teeny, tiny other little requirement. It's insignificant really, minor... If we do actually manage to hook up and do the kissing and snuggling thing; every time we kiss, I expect it to be exactly like below. No deviations, no alterations. I don't care how many glass windows we break, I'm prepared to pay the cost.



That's all, and I look forward to meeting you soon!

Love Lisa

Peace out my lovelies

No comments:

Post a Comment