Monday 3 December 2012

My awesome plans and where I'm at... An explanation

Okay, so after the last post, I do believe that I have caused a little worry/confusion on what it is that I am planning for 2013 and my trip to America. So I thought I'd explain it all to you...

In July 2013 I am planning to do an internship at a church/university in Kansas.

Some of you took the opinion of my brother in the fact that this meant I was joining some form of religious cult. That's my fault, I haven't really told you all about me when it comes to that part of my life. As you may have gathered, I am a Christian. I have been my whole life. My parents are priests in the Salvation Army (AKA Salvation Army Officers) and I myself go to church each week.

I've held back talking about this part for two reasons:

One.
I'm not a massive fan of shoving my beliefs in everyone else's faces. I don't think it is that beneficial as it, more often than not, just pisses people off, especially if they don't want to hear it and my experience of Christianity isn't like that, it's actually by far my favourite thing in my life. So, I'm of the opinion that if people want to know about it then it should be up to them if they want to find out more about it.

Two.
Religion of any kind tends to evoke a pretty emotional response out of a lot of people. I'm really not in the business of upsetting people on this blog or making people feel alienated/angry from what I have to say, however innocent it may be meant.

This is meant to be a light hearted blog where people can come to wind down after a stressful day and as such, I try to keep it as neutral as possible!

I had a really long conversation with my dad about this over the weekend. He made a good point in that I've never mentioned this aspect of my life on here which is a little weird given that it is a large part of me. So I'm telling you all now!

So I am going to a church in Kansas in July but it definitely is not some form of weird cult. I have two friends who have been and come back and said it was amazing. I have been looking for a time to work out what I want to do with my life, whether it be travelling, changing my career etc and 6 months there seemed like the perfect option.

I am proud of my faith and am pretty sure that without it, I would not be the awesome and not-in-any-way-crazy-at-all person that I am today. It has helped me a lot in all my emotional crap that I deal with regularly and without my church I would most definitely be living under a bridge right now...

...

Oh yeah! I totally didn't tell you! I moved this weekend! I'm living with an AWESOME family. They've given me their attic... It is converted, they're not locking me in, in a remote corner of the house, I'm allowed out and everything!

They really want me to go away in July so they're keeping me at a discount price so that I can save, they're awesome.

I'm living at the moment out of boxes because I'm living in a pretend world of denial where everything is already unpacked so that I don't have to do it. It has been a long weekend. It's also sad because Housemate-Anna is now No-Longer-Housemate-Anna and that's longer to type which will make writing about her in the future a lot more difficult... Also it's sad because I'll miss her.

But there you are! My plans for 2013 all laid out for you to see! It's all very exciting and not at all scary... Except it is scary a little bit. I'm going to attempt unpacking tonight... Maybe. I also have a new computer which is awesome and has Windows 8 which is weird and exciting all in one. I case you're wondering, yes, I am as excited about having Windows 8 as I am about going to America next year. I tend to have no filter or idea of what level of excitement fits what. I blame my awesome personality for that... That and the new awesome happy pills I'm now on!

Peace out my lovelies.

No comments:

Post a Comment