Saturday 24 March 2012

Me: Are we really sad doing this? ... One-And-Only-Daniela: No, we're fine.

One-And-Only-Daniela is around this weekend once again (I know, she might as well just live here right?). Last night we went to see The Hunger Games which was so amazing I can't even begin... I just... no words... wow.

It was a little annoying that we went at 5:20pm on the first Friday it was out. This meant that there were a lot of early teen girls in the cinema with us... Now, I tend to be of the opinion that I should tolerate all kinds of people in the world, we are all equals and worthy of the same respect... yesterday I decided that early teen females who travel around in packs and giggle incessantly throughout a movie whenever a female and male even touch each other was where I drew the line.

One-And-Only-Daniela tends to have a favourite saying that goes something like this... "I swear, I'm going to smack someone in a minute." This is usually followed by my own line of "Daniela, you have too much pent up rage, not everyone deserves a smack, let's try some love instead."

Last night however, I was there cracking my knuckles with her. There were moments when I swear I missed whole scenes because of the giggling pubescent girls surrounding us from every direction. People need to stop having fun with their friends and openly showing their enjoyment of things... it's just not acceptable.

If you want to have proper fun then you need to take a leaf out of mine and One-And-Only-Daniela's book. Last night we drank wine, talked about getting emotional, got emotional and then went to bed. It was very civilised and didn't interrupt anyone's viewing of films that they had been waiting for months to see.

This morning was even more awesome. We woke up and sat in my double bed, both with our iphones out, playing Temple Run for about an hour. This was before any real conversation. The only thing we talked about during this experience was the following comments:

OAOD: Oh wow you got the magnet power up, that's my favourite, I'm really jealous.
Me: I know it's the best isn't it?

Me: Let's start the games at exactly the same time and see who lasts the longest.
OAOD: Okay! That sounds like fun.

Me: Are we really sad doing this?
OAOD: No, we're fine.

We then progressed to watching Vampire Diaries and swooning for 45 minutes.

All in all, I think that's a Saturday morning well spent.

Peace out my lovelies.

No comments:

Post a Comment