Thursday 19 January 2012

I have a social what-now?

One-And-Only-Daniela has been in the Philippines for the past month. She came back on Monday and the first thing she seemed to want to do is sort out my social life. 

Whilst she's been away I have been spending a lot of weekends not bothering to get out of my pyjamas, however suddenly I am finding myself booking weekend after weekend of social activities... When I say I'm booking these, I mean One-And-Only-Daniela has been leaving me messages telling me that I'm going out and that I need to be at certain places for certain times. This has made me realise that my sole reasons for leaving my flat nowadays are down to work or her. If she's not here, I seem to be incapable of making active plans. 

Guys, I can guarantee you that she is reading this and patting herself on the back for being so demanding of my time. She has always liked to think that she is the reason for my existence and it appears that after three years of knowing me, she has finally made this into reality. 

An example of this is when I moved into the new flat and I asked her to come and see it, her first question was "Have you put up a picture of me on the walls yet?" When I mentioned that I hadn't quite got round to that yet, she replied with "Well do that and then I'll come round."

I think that she will make me do it. I have spent my entire friendship with her resisting this type of behaviour but I have made the shocking discovery today that she may be winning this manipulation. I'm a little shocked but I have to admit I am also quite impressed, I would never have had her pegged as a genius mastermind. 

So due to her, I am now going out on Saturday and organising things into my life that will mean I might finally begin to have things to blog about again. 

I have been spending a while wondering why my mating calls have never been able to secure me a date, let alone a relationship and all along I have been in one... With One-And-Only-Daniela. 

On this topic, I know I promised you all interesting tales of my Internet dating ventures and I have failed miserably. This is due to not actually being able to come up with any stories to tell you. Not even bad ones! I'm simply far to comfortable with my own insane imagination to actively look for a real life person. 

But all is well because One-And-Only-Daniela has taken on this responsibility for me. As such, I am off to the comedy store on Saturday. I do believe that one of the comedians on the list happens to be a fully fledged ginger man so that will be nice for me. Who knows, I may have a tale about my weekend that doesn't have the fact that I put a jumper over my pyjamas as the most exciting thing that happens. 

I have missed that girl. I cannot wait for the completely unexpected things that will inevitably fall out of her brain and straight onto these blog pages. Stay posted!

Peace out my lovelies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment