Wednesday 18 January 2012

Femininity is pretty awesome... Don't worry I'm not burning any of my bras, this isn't that kind of blog. 

Since moving in with Housemate-Anna I have been embracing my feminine self a lot. This week has been no exception. In fact I think I might have taken it to the next level. 

It's not that I'm not usually feminine but I naturally gravitate towards the male gender, not in a way that's looking for a prospective mate (my phobias tend to stop me from thinking in that way) but rather because there is an uncomplicated way to how they behave that I find very comforting. 

...

I would like to clarify that when I say "uncomplicated" I am by no means implying men are simple, rather as a general rule things seem that little bit more relaxed. Also I realise that there are exceptions to the rule before I am told I am generalising... If
I'm going to be accused of being sexist I like to ensure that I'm trying to be insulting at the time... 

An example of what I mean was on Sunday when I found a lump in my armpit. Because I tend to freak out over stupid things and I was naturally feeling emotional at the time I started  to feel that familiar anxious feeling as I sat in the house by myself, mainly due to the fact the word 'lump' has been known to equate to that dreaded C word. 

Housemate-Anna came home and I told her. She was awesome and supportive and let me irrationally cry which I totally needed, telling me that I should book an appointment with my GP. Younger-Brother-Daniel came on Skype, I told him about my discovery and his reaction was "I wouldn't worry, I hear armpit cancer is really easy to treat nowadays." Both these reactions were totally needed but also a perfect example of the difference I was talking about. 

(Just to let you all know, I went to see my GP, the lump doesn't need to be anything I should worry about so no armpit cancer for me.)

Anywho. Since living with Housemate-Anna there have been a plethora of late night girly chats, chick flick watching and trashy magazine reading. I always assumed that being exposed to such a large amount of femininity would cause me to feel weird and uncomfortable but I have found myself embracing this new side. It turns out that I am in fact a woman and I appear to enjoy being one...

On Monday, Housemate-Anna and I hosted for the first time. Two other girlfriends came round and we watched one of the most cheesiest chick flicks I think I have ever been exposed to: "First Daughter." 

It had to have been one of the most feminine nights I have been a part of in a long while and it was simply awesome. We oohed and aahed in all the right places. We screamed at the screen when the male lead didn't do what we wanted. We embraced the cheese with both hands and were completely consumed by it. It was awesome. 

So with this past month and a half gone I have decided that being feminine is not that bad... One more thing Housemate-Anna can put in her pro list. Hands down best housemate ever. 

Peace out my lovelies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment