Saturday 24 December 2011

I do love me some free wi fi.

I'm on a train. It has wireless access. I'm pretty sure that's a perfect reason to write a blog.

I'm impressed I made it this far today. Earlier, I was finding it near impossible to work out how to get myself off my sofa and get ready. This amounted in me going to my default place when I need to get motivated. I rang Marmie.

My train was due to leave at half four and I rang Marmie at around 12pm. As I expected, Marmie was close to having a panic attack when she saw me (over video call) still in pajamas. I assured her that this was a perfectly acceptable thing for me to be doing when I clearly had three hours before I needed to leave the house. Marmie didn't see it that way. Marmie is one of these people who will want to leave early enough not just to catch the train but so that we can sit in a train station for a couple of hours in order to make sure we don't miss it. Therefore, Marmie found it unbelievable that I wasn't already camped out there.

Although her preparation techniques have always seemed rather extreme to me, she still managed to get the right reaction out of me as I managed to get off the sofa and start to at least pack for the week. However, it did backfire slightly when this just moved me to the bedroom where I chose to sit on the bed to complete my conversation with my family. This meant that when I did eventually get off the phone I found that I was once again in a laying down position reaching for my twitter app...exactly in the same mode of procrastination I had been in all morning. Don't get me wrong, I love twitter with what is possibly my entire being but it does have a tendency to suck away at my time which should be reserved for real life things.

Anywho, I found my go to song today (Love on top - Beyonce) and realised that I simply can't stay sitting down to any part of that song. I'm not ashamed to say that I played it on repeat for two whole hours. It got the job done and I only slightly found it annoying by the end.

Marmie however, now that she found out I wasn't following her 'camped out at the train station' idea had it in her head that this meant I wasn't going to make it to Scotland at all and so requested regular updates as the day went on. All afternoon I received texts saying "Where are you now?"

Unfortunately, this amount of need of my attention tends to bring out the sarcastic side in me. As such I don't think she received a single serious text from me after that phone call. Still she never wavered, and fifteen minutes before the train was meant to leave the texts conversations resulted in this.

Marmie: R u on the train yet? (Yes, that's right, Marmie is down with the kids with her highly ghetto text speak.)
Me: Still at home.
Me: ...
Me: Kidding.
Me: I'm at the station
Marmie: Which station?

This was about where I gave up on her.

I then rung her to say that I was on the train and her first question was. "Who are you sitting with?"

I could hear Younger-Brother-Daniel laughing as I rolled my eyes.

"What?" She asked.

"You're so obvious!" Younger-Brother-Daniel called out.

"I'm just interested to know who my daughter is sitting for four hours with... Is it a man?"

"Yes." I said.

"Is he nice?"

"How would I know?"

"Is he young?"

"Fairly."

"Is he good looking?"

"Marmie, I'm not doing this with you."

Rest assured everyone, he seems a very nice man but he does give off this gay vibe... which, looking at my track record of men, probably means he's perfect for me.

Merry Christmas Eve everyone.

Peace out my lovelies.

No comments:

Post a Comment