Tuesday 20 September 2011

Stress? What stress? ... Oh... That.

I've been back at work now for two days. 

I walked into work yesterday so relaxed. There was a smile on my face and people remarked on how refreshed I looked. For the whole day I managed to keep that persona until about 4pm when the whole weight of my life fell right on me. 

Suddenly I remembered all the stuff that was causing me to break out into full on shakes when someone spoke a little louder than usual or a door was slammed. My happy holiday land started to ebb away and the grey highly dysfunctional arrangement of my day to day life creeped in. 

I don't want to go into the details of it here because there's not really anything particularly funny I can pull out of it right now and this blog was not designed to bum everyone out. Instead I will sum it up in one predictable little word... Money. 

There is a light at the end of the tunnel because the thing that is draining the small part of the money that I do have will no longer be a part of my life by December and I might be able to breathe again!

It does mean that I will be saying goodbye to something I have loved very much this past year... My flat. 

Oh when I look back at the times we shared together...

The laughs


The tears


The frustration with boilers and sinks.



The quirky joys that only me and my flat fully understood. 

But until this turns into a 'favourite clips of the past series' post like what you would find on Friends when they were being too lazy to actually write, I shall move on. 

I am moving into a flat come December with a girl I envy for her hair and name, the lovely Anna Tidey. 


Of course that means that now we get the exciting/terrifying/knackering/fiddly part of finding the perfect flat. I'm well excited/terrified/knackered/... fiddled(?) at the thought of it! And in the meantime... Well who actually needs food anyway? Wusses, that's who. Tap water, butter and ketchup is all you need! 

Plus every so often people eat sandwiches around me and I find they barely notice if you take a nibble when their head is turned. If they do ask you just look at them quizzically and say "I think you'll find you ate that." They tend to accept this to avoid confrontation. (NB: The success rate of this is dependent on the size of the bite taken and the positive effects of your winning smile.)

Anywho, I spent an hour on the phone with Oldest-Friend-Cafrin and The-Goddaughter and the world is full of rainbows again... I'm a little bit in love with them both. I probably won't be posting tomorrow but I shall be back Thursday! Much love and stuff. 

Peace out my lovelies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment