Wednesday 10 August 2011

My poor little Enfield town getting hit again??

Work-Buddy-James got married today. More on that in my next post. In the meantime let me tell you about my journey home.

Oldest-Friend-Cafrin is shortened to OFC.

Me: If I take the two trains home after this wedding then the only walk I'll have to do is through Enfield. That should be safe right? Given that we've already been rioted.

OFC: Yeah, I'm sure it'll be fine, they've taken everything they need to from there, they'll have moved on by now.

Me: Okay, I'm sure it'll be safe.

...

Two hours later, just past midnight, my train pulls into Enfield Town. I walk out the station to be met with this.



Luckily, there didn't seem to be any visual breaking of anything but ironically due to the barricade to the roads, the only option I had was to walk all the way home instead of taking the bus. I have never walked that half hour journey home so quickly.

I can reassure everyone that I am safe and now safely tucked in at home but this is just getting ridiculous. It's enough to just give up on leaving the house and become a hermit. I swear I am five seconds away from doing just that.

I reckon the police will be banning anyone from leaving the house after dark soon. I usually feel really proud of being British but this is now starting to make me wonder about the people in this country... no that's unfair, there are so many decent people here. There has been a group of people who are actively cleaning up London after all the destruction the teenagers are leaving our city in. The group has been so well received that the website running it has crashed on several occasions due to the amount of people logging on trying to help.

I guess it's more the group of teenagers that just don't seem to stop with what they are doing. It's not just London anymore, it's all over the UK. Where have all these delinquents come from? And please will some one tell them to go home and do normal teenage stuff rather than being complete idiots!

I have had a pretty amazing day all in all but I wanted to tell you about the latest stuff and I really didn't want to ruin Work-Buddy-James's wedding post with this so I've put it up first. Tomorrow I shall be more positive and show a side of England I love, which is people having a good time in a way that doesn't include people smashing innocent people's property in. Until then...

Peace out my lovelies.

No comments:

Post a Comment