Friday 15 July 2011

This 'saying stupid things over the phone' milarkey seems to be happening far too often for my liking.

A phone conversation that took place two hours ago between myself and Rachael-The-Bully. 

Rachael-The-Bully has been changed to RTB.

RTB: Hi Lisa, what have you and One-And-Only-Daniela got planned tonight?
Me: Oh nothing big, probably just down to the local for a couple of drinks. I've got a really bad cold so it can't be a late one. Fancy it?
RTB: Yeah, actually that works really well as Claire has had that Thyroid problem this week so she's not really up for a late one either. 
Me: I've been meaning to talk to her about that! She text me on Wednesday telling me about that and then the next day my Thyroids had swollen up to twice their size. She had somehow managed to pass it to me over text.
RTB: Um Lisa?
Me: Yeah?
RTB: Do you really mean your glands?
Me: ...
RTB: I mean you DO know that you only have one Thyroid and it's on your spine not under your jaw, right?
Me: Actually that explains a lot. I was telling Work-Buddy-James about how I had caught Claire-The-Bully's thyroid problem and he had looked at me blankly and asked me if I had actually meant thyroid. Which I gleefully had confirmed. 
RTB: Don't you work in a hospital?
Me: Yeah but it's a Mental Health hospital and I'm admin, I don't need to know anything about general medicine.
RTB: Still Lisa, that's really bad... I'm going to have to email Claire with this one. 
Me: Brilliant. Even more ammo. Tonight's going to be grand. 

Most of the time I have a logical explanation for the 'not normal' things that come out of my mouth. But sometimes? Sometimes I'm just that stupid. 

1 comment:

  1. I think there might be some mileage in telling RTB that she shouldn't be lecturing you on anatomy. The thyroid isn't near the spine. It's on the front of your neck, about where your voice box is. Below your jaw.

    ReplyDelete