Monday 27 June 2011

The curious case of buttons I shall call Benjamin.

Yesterday I was thrown into a world of perplexion. Something happened that stumped even my fairly "imaginative-to-the-point-of-disturbed" brain.

England has been hit with the sun again and this time with such a force I think we're all a little lost with how to cope with it.

We do know that we need to be outside for every precious moment of it so I had plans to meet Claire-The-Bully and Rachael-The-Bully at the park for a picnic yesterday afternoon.

As I was leaving the house however, I came across what would inevitably stump my brain for the rest of the day.

On the floor, by my front door, was something that had been posted through my letterbox. This alone was a little odd as it was Sunday and there was no post on Sundays.

Curious, I picked up the little packet. It was a small clear plastic bag... With four buttons inside... Like the ones you get on a shirt, only these were on a little cardboard strip.



There was nothing else with it, no note, no directions for it's use, just four clear buttons.

My immediate reaction was to go through all my clothes in my head and try and work out whether any of them needed buttons in case they had been sent to me by some higher power as a hint (naturally). But as far as I knew I was good on the button front.

Then I thought, maybe someone had come up with a possible solution to my acidic armpit issue... Alas I then reminded myself there was no needle and thread attached and I fear the buttons wouldn't have the same effect stuck on with blue tac.

This, ladies and gents, was where I became stuck. I could not for the life of me work out why someone would post four buttons in a plastic bag through my letterbox.

It didn't arrive in an envelope either so this was something some had taken the time to hand deliver.

If this does turn out to have been one massive prank, I can't decide whether I think it's really poor or highly impressive. I think I'm leaning towards being impressed, it has well and truly stumped me for two days now.

If you have any suggestions then they are truly welcome because I'm at a loss.

Peace out my lovelies.

No comments:

Post a Comment