Wednesday 11 May 2011

It was just one of those days...

Sorry for no post yesterday. I started to write it. It was going to be another 'Rachael-And-Claire-The-Bully' saga, only this time with a twist. (For about three glorious hours Claire-The-Bully decided to side with me against Rachael-The-Bully and became a new person... Claire-The-Ally.)



Unfortunately, when writing this on the train home I got knocked in the chest with an overwhelming sad feeling and my brain, as a result, shut down.

Emotions have been a little high this week and so I should have seen this mini attack coming but I had had a very busy day and so hadn't had time to really register it creeping up behind me.

I'm blessed nowadays because due to a fine tuned, kick ass coping system I can keep what I call 'Sad Attacks' down to lasting only one day... two max.

For those who are a little confuddled by the term 'Sad Attack,' let me clarify.

This is not 'sad' in the term that I've just done a really geeky thing I deem as uber cool but others would deem as me having too much time on my hands (I tend to just phrase that as 'have you seen my new blog?').

'Sad Attack' is where for no particular reason and at any given moment, you become very aware of the sob in your throat and all you want to do is eat ice cream, watch Andrew Garfield on the telly and cry yourself to sleep.

Sometimes this can be triggered by something genuinely sad but the more interesting ones are the Attacks that get you for no apparent reason and suddenly your schedule that night is wide open and crying is all there is that is booked in.

For this demonstration I turn to the Marmite of comics... you either love him or you hate him (either way, this clip is funny to all) Dane Cook.



I deal with this in my own little dramatic ways. Drawing all curtains, locking phones in other rooms (I can't turn it off, I always worry someone maybe being kidnapped at that exact moment) curling up on the sofa with food and forcing a lot of pressure on the TV to make me laugh. (It does try bless it, but then it knows what will happen if it doesn't...)

The next day, when I've won the 'Sad Attack' fight, I get to roll my eyes at the whole experience and give the 'Sad Attack' all the attitude and insults I wasn't able to the night before... as mentioned before, I am highly competitive.

So today I'm writing again (take that 'Sad Attack!') and I have just one more thing to say to you guys.

Today is Claire-The-Bully's birthday!!



As this is the case I hereby decree that everyone is to leave their house immediately and have a drink to celebrate. I'm sure she wouldn't oppose to having it as a national holiday! I'd start a petition if it wasn't for the following reasons:

1. I don't know how to start a petition.

2. I'm pretty sure the official response to the petition would be 'Who's Claire?'

3. Why should she get one if I have to work on mine? I can't believe anyone could have even suggested such a thing!

1 comment:

  1. Tee hee - loving the idea of my birthday being a holiday! :) x

    ReplyDelete